CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 2, 2011

Crayon Resist

A couple of weeks ago while trying to keep my toddler entertained I had an idea to try crayon resist painting with her.  I also thought that I could make a card or two at the kitchen table while she was busy.  That didn't happen by the way but I got my cards done later and she had a lot of fun coloring with white crayon on the images I had stamped for her and then painting them and herself too!
Here she is very intently painting...
And having even more fun painting herself!

I made this pretty patterned paper by stamping leaves (Stampendous) over and over onto white cardstock, coloring around the leaves with white crayon and then using Tim Holtz distress inks to sponge over the paper.  I was going to cut it up into smaller squares to use on cards but then it was so pretty I didn't want to cut it, ever have that problem with a paper!?!

I did manage to actually make a few cards using this technique as well.
Distress inks used: Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint and Fired Brick.  No clue who makes the pumpkin background stamp, it's a wood block stamp that I've had forever with no identifying marks on it.  The banner die is Spellbinders.  I really had fun with this technique but wow were my hands messy after sponging all of that ink on!

No comments: