CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 2, 2012

YOU make the everyday magical.

This is a card that took on a life of it's own as I was making it.  It all started because I wanted to play with the awesome jar stamp in Unity's December KOM.  Oh but what to fill it with, what to fill it with... 
 The November 2009 KOM happened to be sitting on my table because it had recently arrived in the mail after a BIG sale over at Unity and I saw this fairy stamp which drew me to the kit and I noticed it looked like it would fit in the jar perfectly!  The sentiment from the same kit was my logical choice and so I colored the fairy with brush markers and stamped it onto white cardstock and then stamped the jar over the fairy and cut the jar out.  I used a sparkle gel pen to color over the stamped image and give it some extra magic.

I stamped the flower part of the stamp on kraft and layered the jar over it.  After I added the ribbon I thought the card was still missing something.  I left it to sit for a few days and then came back to peek at it tonight and in that time had another Unity order that had arrived and lo and behold the Nov 2011 SMAK kit was now sitting piled onto my table and when I saw the YOU I knew I wanted to add that to the card!  I put a little twine bow behind it and popped it up.  It is also stamped with brush markers and covered with some sparkle from a glitter gel pen.  What started out as just getting crafty turned out to be a perfect little card for my daughter!

No comments: