CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spring showers and shamrocks.

It might be snowing outside but I am channeling some spring in here!  I created this card for the February Unity Stamp Company challenge which is to use hearts but NOT red or pink hearts.  FUN, FUN, FUN!!!  As soon as I saw this challenge I knew that I wanted to make a shamrock out of a heart stamp and thankfully it didn't take me too much time hunting through all of my Unity stamps to come across the perfect one to use.  This cute little woodgrain heart is from the Jillibean co-brand set Hearty Barley.  I used a light green and dark green brush marker to color the stamp and stamped it 3 times to make my shamrock.  I braided a small length of embroidery floss for the shamrocks stem.
I was also inspired by all of the wonderful rainbow creations in the March/April issue of Paper Crafts and pulled out my watercolor pencils to play.  I made a rainbow for my shamrock to rest at the end of and then masked the rainbow and stamped the raindrop background stamp from the February 2012 kit of the month.  It doesn't show up very well in the picture but it is embossed with a clear glitter embossing powder from Ranger and has a pretty sparkle to it.  The sentiment is also from the February 2012 KOM.
I'm hoping for some nicer weather this week cause I would LOVE to get the kids outside to play, we've all got a bad case of cabin fever!

No comments: