CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Birdie duet

I am learning that sometimes a page comes together fairly quickly and everything just works out in a way that makes me smile.  That was this page (quite the relief after my last page).  I only had a short amount of time to play during naptime today and was able to make this page from start to finish (with a heat gun used for drying between stages).
I started with some gelatos (orange, yellow and some pink) scribbled onto the page and then used a wet brush to move and blend (my first success with this technique).  After drying that I used some Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and sponged it over a stencil (Heidi Swapp Confetti).  Then I stamped a border stamp (Dylysions Around the Edge) around the edge and used another stamp from that set inked up with some Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and stamped randomly.  I then grabbed another stencil (DCWV) and applied gesso over it in a few spots.  I stamped She Script (Unity Stamp Co) up in the right hand corner and then got an idea to use some pretty chipboard birds from Melody Ross (which I applied with a gel medium) and found this perfect bird cage stamp set from Unity Stamp Co called Birdie Duet.
 
 
I used a white gel pen to detail around the birds on the cage and a Pitt Pen to detail around the chipboard birds.  After that I called it finished.  I am still unsure about when a page is "done" but I called this one done when the kids woke up from nap. 
 
Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

2 comments:

Corrie said...

very nice, I love the colors you used

Amy E said...

This is so pretty Crystal! I LOVE multi media pieces and have been on the fence about making an art journal. I think it would be very cathartic though, so I really should. Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks for your visit and sweet words during the Unity blog hop!!
Amy E.
Scrapthissavethat.com