CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Choose Joy (and a lesson in moving on)

I am still super new to mixed media and this page was something of a trial and error (mostly error) to me.  I had painted over the background at least 3 times to cover up errors and was finally just stuck with this turquoisey-blue page sitting on my table for days.  I was pretty angry at it and finally just decided to finish it quickly so I could move on so I grabbed the first stamp I could get my hands on which happened to be Choose Joy (irony!) by Unity Stamp Co and stamp it over and over as a background.  I kinda liked that and then used a chevron stencil (Heidi Swapp) with a white paint dabber to add some interest and then I had this pretty BOLD Bloom by Unity Stamp Co that I had been playing with as a distraction (colored with Dylysions sprays) and I used a gel medium to adhere it to my page.  I probably could have done more to finish it but I was just ready to move on to another creation by this point.
 
I don't love it (or even really like it) but I am happy that I finished it and have moved on to the next page with a lesson or two learned.

No comments: