CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 30, 2014

The journey of motherhood

I have an art journal page to share today.  I've had this package of canvas ATC sized tags for a while and haven't used them for anything for fear of messing them up. Sound familiar to you (I tend to do this a lot with supplies).  I decided to just go for it today and paired this Baby and Me-Kate's Silhouettes by Unity Stamp Co with this great sentiment Strong Woman.  I sketched the scene and stamped these sweet cypress looking trees (Unity's Bella Trees).  I watercolored the image and the edges of my tag and adhered it with a gel medium. 

Here is a close up of the canvas tag.  It isn't showing up so well in the photograph but it did stamp really well and is much easier to read in real life.  It says: A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong.

My children have given me more strength than I ever knew I was capable of, just one more reason that I love them with all my heart!
 
I am linking this up with Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes.

1 comment:

Jingle said...

Great page! I love how you stamped on the canvas! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!