CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 2, 2014

Day Dreaming

This might just be my favorite art journal page that I've made so far, this color combo just makes me happy!  I am excited too because I discovered several new mixed media challenge blogs that just started up yesterday.  There is just beautiful inspiration everywhere and SO much talent!!!

I started this page a couple of days ago by first stamping the script background (Hero Arts) over the entire page and then stamping the flowers (Insightful Meadows by Unity Stamp Co) in versamark and clear embossing.  I then used several Dylusions sprays over the background and blended with a spritz of water.  I stamped the Day Dreaming (Unity Stamp Co SMAK) and outlined with a white gel pen. 
Then the weekend came and it was gorgeous and we played outside all day and I was too exhausted at the end of the day to do anything but zone out so it remained unfinished until today.
When I originally sprayed the page with the Dylusions spray inks I took a scrap piece of fabric I had laying nearby and soaked up some of the colors from my craft mat to use for something else later.  Today when I went to finish the page I saw it and thought why not use it on the same page.  I stamped the heart (Unity Stamp Co Let Your Heart Take Flight) onto the fabric and adhered it with a gel medium.  I stamped the sentiment from the same kit onto watercolor paper and inked the edges with a paintbrush I dipped into my Dylusions bottle.

I used a piece of vellum with a quote on it (DCWV Vellum Quote Stack) and adhered it down with a gel medium.  It was an experiment and came out a little weird but that's okay.  I finished the page with some gesso applied over a Heidi Swapp confetti stencil for the random hearts on the top of the page. 

I am entering this into the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #1: Spray Inks and Mists.
I am also linking to the Mixed Media Mojo Challenge 1, which was to use stamps and two mediums.

These challenges just started yesterday and run the whole month of June so there is still LOTS of time to make something and link up!

10 comments:

Donna B. said...

Such a gorgeous page! I love how you blended the colors together and that heart stamp is FAB!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the first Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous page! The colors really are amazing together. I looooove the SMAK from last month it is so much fun to play with! Thanks so much for playing along our very first challenge at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Amber Hight said...

This is so gorgeous Crystal! I really love those vibrant colors and awesome stamping/embossing! Thanks for playing in our Mixed Media Mojo challenge!!

Melanie said...

It is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at the Mixed Media Monthly a Challenge Blog!

Lynn K said...

Awesome color combo! Definitely happy colors! Love all the techniques you incorporated on your page and thanks for joining us on our first Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Lalo said...

REEEEALLY gorgeous! The colors are amazing and that pop of white is fantastic!!!

Lalo
(DT @ Mixed Media Monthly Challenge)

Lynn said...

Wow, those colors are so vibrant! I only have a couple of shades of dylusions, but anytime I see pages like this, I want to run out and buy the whole rainbow :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

joy said...

So vibrant and so pretty! Love this jo.urnal page

Maria said...

This is beautiful!! LOVE LOVE all this yummy colors! Thanks so much for playing along with our first challenge at Mixed Media Mojo!!!

Tameko said...

Crystal,
I love your pages. So many beautiful layers of color. Thanks for joining the Mixed Media Mojo Challenge.