CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

You have made a difference.

I haven't played along with the Unity Stamp Company Challenge for a while but I needed to make a card for my sons speech therapist and I new what stamps I wanted to use so I decided to give the card sketch a go.  Here is what I came up with:

Here is the sketch:
I had a tough time with this one!  I stamped the flower and sentiment (from the Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful KOTM) onto watercolor paper I had cut into an oval and used some very old Luminarte twinkling H2O's that I had forgotten about to color it in.  Thanks to Terri Burson at wavingmywand for reminding me that I had these beauties!

For the card base I used watercolor paper as well and sprayed it with a yellow Glimmer mist and an Sunset Dylysions spray.  After that dried I stamped Unity's Whimsy Border with an orange gelato on the bottom and splattered some orange watercolor up in the top left corner. 

The sentiment banner is where I had some problems. The sentiment is from another Unity KOTM called Let Love Grow.   Eventually I got the embossing to come out clear after about 3 failed attempts.  Then it was crooked on the black paper and that bothered me so I cut it down and then cut it down some more until I was left with a very small piece of paper that didn't look right under the oval.  After playing around with a lot of options I just moved it off to the side and added the orange ribbon up in the opposite corner and called it done.

The whole card has a beautiful shimmer to it.  Here are a couple of close ups to try to capture that.

I recently started a Facebook page for Crystal Amaris Creations and I would love it if you use FB to stop by and "like" my page to stay up to date on news and giveaways!  Thanks for coming by today and I hope you all have a very crafty week!

No comments: