CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 28, 2014

A creative journey

I haven't had any time to play in my art journal in months and I've been missing it terribly.  Last night I just had to escape and play so when the hubby got home I left him in charge of the kids and hightailed it down to my craft room (it's not like they've been sick all week or he's been working overtime or anything). Well, yeah, it's kinda like that.
 After playing around with my new Unity/Donna Downey stamp, some washi, stencils, and stippled ink I remembered there was a Tic Tac Toe challenge on the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog so I headed over there to see if this would qualify.  All I needed was some glitter so I added some gold glitter glue to the center of the flower!
Tic Tac Toe: I've got washi tape, glitter, stamps as well as a stencil, glitter, patterned paper.
It didn't quite look finished to me so I added a little bit of patterned paper confetti and my heart felt much more refreshed after the freedom to play in my art journal. It's amazing what a quick break and some crafting can do for your soul! Today it's back to wiping snotty noses, cleaning up throw-up and about a billion loads of laundry 'cause that's our exciting winter break!

Supplies used:
Unity Donna Downey stamp You Are Important (flower)
Tim Holtz stamp Stuff To Say (sentiment)
Studio Calico triangles mask
Dylusions spray (red)
Momento Ink (blue)
Washi tape
Chevron patterned paper
glitter glue

2 comments:

Donna B. said...

What a gorgeous journal page! I love the bold red on the flower that makes it pop off the page. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Rachel said...

what a gorgeous journal page! i love what you did with that new Unity stamp! very pretty. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge! And Happy New year!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com