CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 19, 2015

Birthday Wishes a la happy

I had a mojo filled crafty day yesterday so you will be seeing lots of new cards on the blog soon, and I am sharing 2 with you today!

Do you save paper scraps? I have a little problem with craft room organization and find my desk often overflowing with scrap papers, half finished projects, reject projects that need some TLC and so on. Yesterday I decided to tackle that pile and I got 6 cards made, all very different and I love them all (which is saying a lot since most of them started from my reject/TLC pile).

First of all I was very inspired by this card by shared by Edna on Facebooks Unity Show and Tell and it was perfect for me to try to use up some of my thin strips of paper scraps! 


I used to paper weave as a kid, why have I never thought to do with my papercrafts!?!  That is why I love blogging and sharing on Unity's FWF and FB show and tell, so many awesome ideas out there to see and inspire.  Thanks for the inspiration for this Edna!

I used a bunch of coordinating scraps that were lying on my desk, even the birthday wishes came from the bottom strip of a patterned paper by Glitz Design.  The girl with balloons from Unity's May 2014 Hey Girl KOTM was stamped on the backside of a failed watercolor attempt and since watercolor paper is nice and thick it stamped and water-colored nicely on the other side!

 I used some gold Smooch ink and a glitter gel pen to add some sparkly details to the balloons and dress and popped the girl and one of the sentiments up on top of the paper-weaved kraft card.

This next card is also made from some reject projects. The happy was cut from my Cricut but at the wrong size for the project I was working on and sat on my desk forever until yesterday when I added some white doodling around it. The turquoise paper was also a reject with something stamped on the other side that just didn't work so I stamped some distressed stars from Unity's December 2014 Moments Like These SMAK kit in Peacock distress ink and used a glitter pen to trace around them. Quick and easy and I can use it for any happy occasion!

I am linking this card to The Crafting Cafe's Lots of Layers challenge (1st card).

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a mojo-filled week!

Crystal

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Two briliant cards! I love it when people create from their scrap pile! Awesome work!
Thanks for playing in our Lot's of Layers Challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month!
Good Luck & don't forget to join us next month too!
HUgs
Dawn xx