CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 2, 2015

Mixed Media Monday!!!

I'm going to try something new and attempt to post a mixed media project every Monday. Hopefully that will help me to create more mixed media projects and play in my art journal more which I love! Here are two pages I made over the weekend.

The first page I made around a wine label I really liked. I glued it down in the middle of the page and then used some Twinkling H2Os to paint around it. I added a few Unity stamps (Age & Wine and Let's Uncork), used a Crafters Workshop stencil  and some distress ink for the blue arrows and then added another Unity stamp (from the Magic of Beginnings KOTM) for the vine-like border.

 The next page was kind of a weird experiment. I made the background using my Dylusions spray inks and added lots of water to blend it around. When that dried I added the sun rays in the top corner with some acrylic paint and a Tim Holtz stencil. Doodled around it when it dried and really didn't like it. I stamped the couple under an umbrella from Unity's January 2015 KOTM Magic of Beginnings, added some torn paper, stamped the hearts (Unity's Dec 2014 SMAK Moments Like These) in gesso, and finally added some stenciled arrows with Peacock Feathers distress ink and the sentiment from Unity's December 2012 KOTM. This one took a while because most of the steps needed drying time in between.


Hope you enjoyed my first Mixed Media Monday and I hope to bring you many more as I learn the ropes and play around with new techniques.

Happy crafting!

Crystal

No comments: