CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 13, 2015

Birthday cupcake

I haven't had any mojo since the time change on Sunday. I love spring forward and the warmer weather we have been having but the kids don't want to sleep when it's light out and we have been playing A LOT outside all day and by the time I get them all to bed I am just about ready to fall asleep myself!

I forced myself to go down to my craft space last night and at least attempt something. I still wasn't feeling much mojo but I needed a birthday card for my son (boy cards are always challenging for me) and I decided to use the sketch from Unity's {be inspired} challenge as a jumping off point.



I used the cupcake and sentiment from Unity's March KOTM and threw together a quick card coloring the cupcake in with my copics.

 I cut it out and popped it up on some coordinating papers and added a #4.
Since it's Friday I am linking up with Friends with Flair over on Unity's blog. Always lots of wonderful inspiration there and hopefully just what I need to get my mojo back!

We are suppose to hit 60 today so we are very excited. It's hard to believe it was below 0 last Friday. We have already pulled out the sidewalk chalk, scooters, wagon, bubbles, and running shoes and have been having a blast! Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Hugs,

Crystal

19 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

So sweet! What a lovely birthday card - I'm sure it will be loved!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Becca Yahrling said...

Can't believe you just threw this card together! lol It's perfect.

Ruby said...

Lovely card.

Brandi R said...

Yummie card! Thank you for sharing ♥

T.L. Creations said...

I wish my cards came together so wonderfully when my mojo was lacking. This birthday card is AWESOME, and I know your son is going to love it!! Hope you enjoy your weekend and all the fun stuff y'all pulled out! :)

Angie said...

Awesome cupcake card! Super cute and bright.

Linda said...

yummy cupcake and great card!

Cynthia said...

Such a cheerful birthday card, Crystal.

D- said...

Your card is adorable. Thanks for sharing.
I spied your project at Unity's FWF.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Lisa :) said...

This is sooooo cute!!! And I'm so envious of the weather!!

Unknown said...

Yummy! From FwF.

Kim
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase

Gaylynn said...

Such a festive cupcake card. Sweet!!!

Dawn Fields said...

Happy Birthday to your son! This is a wonderful card for a boy!

Donna K said...

I think your card is full of MOJO, Crystal. That yummy cupcake and cool border you added is just wonderful. Perfect for the sketch and I'm sure your sweet boy will adore this hand crafted card from mommy. Enjoy your longer days and warmer weather! Hugs from NC!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I do so agree. The temp swing has been insane. My body is not reacting well. That is one gorgeous card!

Sue D said...

Very cute cupcake card!

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

Super cute card. I love how you added the number to personalize it. Thank you for sharing.

Janis said...

This turned out great! Love how you stamped the happy birthday along the bottom so you'd have a whole phrase in the middle. That seems simple, but I'm not sure I would have thought of doing it. lol... Wonderful card and sweet yummy image!!!
Saw you on Unity FWF!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

ionabunny said...

Love this bright fun card. Roll on spring. Hugz